July 26, 2006

 

TATTOO

here is an old poem recycled for today

TATTOO

Patterns punctured into the skin
fragments of an unspeakable name
tattooed on her tortured wrist
numbers adding and subtracting
the pigment of her mythical race
and of my name too across history

Her engraved flesh
the manuscript of a book
she said she had written
on scraps of paper
while giant horses
raced across the land
over spilled heads
and broken bones

In my dream that night
after she folded her arm
under her head as a pillow
a giant hoof struck our twin faces
as I knelt sadly before her
to suck the blood from her wrist
where my nails had erased our name

Comments:
I would very much appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my Medical insurance blog. If you think that we do have a common goal (which I think we do), then please feel free to post any relevant information to the blog.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?